KMF Group is the leading subcontract manufacturer of precision sheet metal components, enclosures, machined components and electro-mechanical assemblies.
Our Company mission is to manufacture high-quality parts and assemblies through continual investment in machinery and providing employees with world-class training through our onsite training provisions.
We have continuous improvement plans to embrace innovation in both products and business techniques to ensure that we remain the first and best choice for our customers.
We are looking for a Continous Improvement Engineer to join our team Quality and Improvement team.
- Develop, drive and embed a sustainable lean / continuous improvement culture by communicating, training, supporting, and coaching of employees across all departments
- Using lean tools to support the delivery of the organisation's strategic objectives
- Contribute to the future planning and development of the manufacturing facility to help realise business growth plans.
- Ensure compliance with Standard Operating Processes and the Quality Management System by coaching and reinforcement of the importance of always delivering a quality product.
- Ensure health and safety of members is built into any improvement activity and that the working practices of the team comply with the Company disciplines and mandatory requirements of HS&E policies.
- Build effective working relationships with the team and with other key stakeholders based on mutual trust and respect that ensure resolution of problems locally.
- Actively lead and encourage the team to use improvement tools and techniques and develop a culture of continuous improvement to effectively deliver improvements to increase productivity, reduce costs and eliminate waste.
- Support the Production Engineering team on introduction of new processes and equipment as required.
Essential applicant criteria:
- Demonstratable experience of successfully implementing Lean or working as part of an improvement team within a manufacturing environment using techniques such as 5C, 7 Waste Reductions, Standardised Work
- Practical Problem Solving skills with the ability to document and present
- Embraces challenge and uses a go-look-see approach
- Use facts and data to drive the decision making process
- Understanding and practical implementation of Visual Control
- The ability to identify opportunities for improvement, developing a project plan for implementing improvements and monitoring the new process to ensure it works as intended (PDCA cycle)
- Organised and able to lead / facilitate CI events
- Excellent working conditions
- Employer pension contributions
- Life insurance policy (Death in Service)
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays (with incremental increase after qualifying period)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
- Uniform will be provided
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £35,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 23/06/2023
Expected start date: 03/07/2023