KMF Group is the leading subcontract manufacturer of precision sheet metal components, enclosures, machined components and electro-mechanical assemblies.
We now have a new opportunity for a Sustainability Officer to join our award winning manufacturing business.
Reporting directly to the Purchasing & Facilities Director, your role will be to support the development, implementation and maintenance of a robust Sustainability Strategy across the KMF Group, designed to minimize the negative impact of our activities on the environment, society, and the economy, whilst also maximizing the positive impact of those activities.
The longer-term objective for the role will potentially include the opportunity to support our Slovakian facility in replicating the introduction of the strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
For this specific appointment the duties and responsibilities will encompass the following 'Phase 1' objectives:
- Develop a top-level sustainability strategy to be formally published, accessible to all stakeholders and available to view on our website.
- Develop and implement sustainability policies within the organisation and reflect the targets laid out within the strategy objectives. This may include policies related to energy use, waste reduction, sustainable procurement, and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Conduct relevant group sustainability assessments (initially UK only) to identify a 'baseline', against which we can develop targets for improvement. This will include the evaluation of available data to calculate the current environmental and social impact of our activities.
- Develop / source and schedule suitable sustainability training for delivery to all employees, to raise awareness of sustainability issues and promote sustainable best practices.
- Thereafter, introduce a structured program in order to achieve bronze, silver and gold "Carbon Literacy" status throughout the KMF Group.
- Regularly communicate the details of new sustainability initiatives to internal and external stakeholders through reports, presentations, and other communication channels, to support and demonstrate our commitment.
Phase 2 will focus on further embedding a robust sustainability culture both within the KMF Group and incorporating our supply chain in line with the extended requirements of Scope 3. This is reflected in the following additional objectives:-Building strong relationships with stakeholders, including employees, customers, suppliers, and government agencies. They may also work with external organizations to identify new and improved sustainability initiatives.
- Tracking and publishing our progress towards the defined sustainability goals and identify further opportunities for improvement.
- Continuous collaboration with other departments including procurement, facilities management, finance and human resources, to integrate sustainability into all KMF operations and the overall culture.
- Monitoring compliance to ensure that KMF meets all relevant environmental regulations and standards. This will also include responsibility for reporting on sustainability performance as required.
What we ideally need from you:
- An Environmental or Sustainability qualification or experience that can be demonstrated in a similar role and environment.
- A passion to make a difference, with good interpersonal and project management skills and manage the ability to prioritise effectively whilst working to deadlines.
- Good presentation, written and verbal communication skills would be desirable
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £30,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 23/06/2023
Expected start date: 03/07/2023