KMF offers a full range of finishing processes including; powder coating, wet painting, laser marking, Tampo printing, and silk-screening. The ability to carry out these activities in-house ensures that customer deliveries are not compromised by subcontract operations.
Powder coating is an essential part of KMF's complete manufacturing solution. Capacity is provided through a fully automated paint plant, consisting of; in-line pre-treatment, drying oven, three powder coating booths (linked by two separate conveyor systems) and two stoving ovens.
KMF's powder coating facility offers rapid throughput of various types of components, while providing the capability to apply a broad range of powder coating solutions and to change colours in under ten minutes. Recent investment in paint recycling technology also ensures this in-house process is as cost effective as possible.
- 2.5 metres per minute track speed
- 7 x ITW Gema manual powder coating guns
- 12 x ITW Gema automated reciprocator arms
- 3 x ITW Gema fast colour change powder centres
- 2 x Powder reclamation facilities
- 1 x Nordson booth
With a wet paint facility, incorporating a 3.5m wide x 3m deep x 2.6m high wet extraction spray booth and box oven, KMF has the capability to paint components utilising wet spray technology.
Our Trumpf Vectormark Workstation 1200 machine, complements the traditional marking and printing processes offered by KMF. The ability to manage specific serial numbers is a feature that benefits many of our customers and, with short set-up times and 100% repeatability, the laser marker provides significant advantages over other processes.
KMF has a dedicated silk-screening department, allowing us to offer our customers a diverse range of solutions to product marking. Our design department can produce intricate artwork to meet customer requirements and our expertise in jigs and fixture design, ensures that products with even the most complex of geometries can be printed to the highest quality standard.
With two Kent Kipp ISO machines, KMF can offer pad printing as an alternative to our silk screening process. Suitable for high volume products, this technology ensures component quality is consistently achievable.
To further improve this service, KMF has recently invested in a new Entrance 90 Tampo print machine. This new tool-free technology will allow product diversity and effortless printing on various sized components.
An Anodising Service is also available.
Advantages of Paint
- A complete manufacturing solution — turning customer needs into finished, commercial products
- The in-house service helps KMF maintain their excellent delivery reliability by eliminating possible sub-contract delays
- Gardobond and phosphate (iron or zinc) pre-treatment ensures high-quality imperfection-free results every time
- A range of colours, including customer specific pantone shades, to allow customised products that maintain customer branding requirements