KMF is one of the leading exponents of sheet metal forming in the UK. The company combines the benefits of high-tech sheet metal manufacturing machines with the latest in innovative software to provide all manner of metal formed products.
KMF Precision Sheet Metals currently uses 14 TruBend machines and two automated metal folding cells, incorporating 110-ton press brakes and panel bending facilities. These units offer exceptional reliability and predictable set-up times, thus enabling short batch runs.
In today's high-performance environment, sheet metal forming machines are only as good as the high-tech software that drives them. The KMF company's programme of continuous improvement and high investment means that our metal forming and manufacturing facility, powered by the latest technology, allowing us to meet the most demanding metal folding requirements, large or small, simple or complex.
Metal forming is a generic term that can include a broad range of manufacturing processes, but it mainly consists of forming metal sheets into a desired geometry. The science behind the plasticity of metal formed products is complex with factors such as strain hardening, temperature control, flow stress and ductility factored into the metal folding process.
The KMF metal product engineering team is highly experienced and expert in matching customer requirements to the sheet metal folding equipment, which is available 24-hours, seven-days-a-week.
Advantages of Metal Forming at KMF
- Advanced technology: A collection of manual, panel and automated folding machines ensures almost any material can be manipulated to meet any requirements
- Ability to fold a broad range of materials and sizes
- Programming and screen assistance to ensure consistency and accuracy in replication
- Sheet metal can become a fully commercial product
KMF Group | Precision Sheet Metal Fabrication & Engineering
- Press Force: 1300 kN
- Bending Length: 3230mm
- Working Speed: 10-20 mm/s
- TASC 6000, 3D graphic & touch screen
Trubend Cell 7000
- Fully automated
- Press Force: 360 kN
- Working Speed: Up to 50 mm/s
- Adjustable Feeding Unit — Ability to manufacture four unique parts in one session
- Bending Sensor ACB = eliminate rejects
- Around the clock production
- Fully automated
- Universal press brake and panel bender from 0.4 mm to 3.2 mm.
- Zero scrap
- Down bend, Up bend and Safe Edge options
- High throughput rate, fast cycle time and low cost.
- Offline rapid programming