KMF Precision Sheet Metal specialises in rapid prototyping and metal fabrication design.
Our sheet metal design and prototyping department delivers top quality design services through dedicated design, planning and product delivery teams.
Our experienced customer-focused team of designers and engineers, equipped with the latest in design and prototyping technology, provides KMF with a significant advantage for providing cost effective solutions in all aspects of sheet metal manufacture.
We use Design for Manufacture (DFM) and Design for Assembly(DFA) systems to ensure best practice that consistently delivers sheet metal design, quality, cost competitiveness and shorter market lead times.
With more than 80% of a product price and supply chain performance in sheet metal manufactured products determined in the design-engineering phase, accessing the partner who can deliver on all fronts is vital to product success.
Our New Product Introduction (NPI) teams can utilise the latest technology and software to provide product and cost improvements in both production concepts and new product development.
KMF is proud to provide a complete design-to-delivery solution for our precision sheet metal fabrication customers
The design and prototyping phase in introduction of new products are a critical part of the process and KMF has the people, technology and reputation in the marketplace to help your business succeed.
The aims of KMF design & prototyping teams are to:
- Provide prototypes or 3D models that promote early customer collaboration and a seamless transition from design to production
- Deliver engineering drawings and bills of materials, including supply chain engagement
- Provide clients with full, issue-level controlled drawings at agreed sign-off stages
- Establish final system and integration testing to specified customer criteria.
- Understand customer requirements and expectations to the letter.
- Manage the initial design phase efficiently to eliminate delays.
- Agree timescales that fulfil complex design briefs.
- Utilise DFM and DFA to drive cost lower
The KMF Precision Sheet Metal design and prototyping teams not only help streamline the product design and testing they also ensure sheet metal products are manufactured to the highest quality standards meet the most competitive demands of the industry in custom metal fabrication every time.
KMF design & prototyping software Includes:
- CREO 3.0 (Allowing Advanced Modelling)
- Windchill data management system
- 3D Radan Sheet Metal Design and Automatic Unfolding Package
- 3D Solidworks Premium Licenses
- Automated B.O.M. creation