KMF is investing £900,000 into a new Electrostatic Powder Painting Facility.
The new plant will offer significant benefits concerning capacity, speed, reliability and powder coating performance.
The investment includes the complete replacement of our current powder coating plant, inclusive of a high efficiency curing oven and an F8 Sidetrack conveyor system, as well as the installation of the QCS4 — Magic Cylinder Fast Colour change booth.
The powder painting plant is complemented by an extensive range of the latest "Opti" technology electrostatic powder application equipment, all housed in a fully enclosed clean room.
Improved Chemical Pre-treatment
The main advantage our new in-house paint facilities is the switch to a much-improved chemical pre-treatment process utilising the environmentally compliant, Oxsilan 9810/3.
Oxsilan gives a greater substrate protection layer which results in improved paint/substrate adhesion and dramatically enhanced corrosion resistance if the paint layer becomes scratched or damaged.
Other benefits of the powder coating refurbishment include:
- Super-fast colour change — colour change time from 20 seconds (spray to waste) to a few minutes (powder recovery)
- Increased track speed up to 2.5 metres per minute
- Excellent application quality thanks to the OptiSpray AP01 SIT pump technology
- Continuous coating for higher efficiency and maximised productivity and edibility of the line
- Enhanced plant efficiency for large volume production runs
- Consistent results thanks to the library of application programs
- Spray to waste or powder recovery operation
Minimal disruption to product supply
KMF is working to ensure that any disruptions to product supply are kept to a minimum during the crossover period over Christmas. Our improved paint plant facility will be fully operational by the 2nd January 2018.