KMF and the local community
One of our key objectives at KMF is to contribute to society and 'do our bit' to give back to our local community. To do this, KMF frequently engage with local charities through fundraising events, local sports teams through sponsorship and local schools with our highly successful, Annual Young Engineer of the Year event.
Recent Events Include:
- Gulf War Memorial: KMF manufactured a stainless steel memorial to commemorate the ending of the first Gulf War conflict. The memorial was unveiled at a special ceremony at the National Memorial Arboretum in 2016. The Memorial is located at the National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire.
- Stoke City Community Trust Partners: As a Partner of SCFC Community Trust, KMF is involved with many of their community schemes including the 'Big Sleep Out' and 'NCS Youngsters Making A Difference'. In the future, we hope to launch our own community project with SCCT.
- Charities: KMF supports a large number of national and local charities with sponsorship and participation in fundraising events. For example, In 2016, KMF received a Platinum Award at the Douglas MacMillan Hospice Corporate Awards, for our 2016 donation total of £68,000. Upcoming charity events include: The Santa Dash with The Alice Charity and our Annual Corporate Quiz.
- Apprentice Projects: During their time undertaking a KMF apprenticeship, our trainees are encouraged to participate in community projects wherever possible. Previously, these have included creating a disabled ramp for Leek Town FC and a water feature for St Mary's School. These projects contribute towards their 50 hour community challenge.
- Young Engineer of the Year: YEOTY, an annual KMF project, aims to inspire local schools and students towards careers in engineering and STEM Subjects. YEOTY is now in its sixth year and will task local schools with designing, building and programming Lego Robots. For previous projects or more information, please visit our Young Engineers page.