CNC punching at KMF Precision Sheet Metal manufacturing offers high accuracy, speed and competitively priced metal products and parts. Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) punching plays a significant role in sheet metal manufacturing. The operation is carried out by CNC punch presses using dedicated software to position the sheet metal under a punching ram to create a hole or form.
Machines can punch anything, from simple circles or rectangles to overlapping geometrical 3D designs that can result in complex sheet metal components.
CNC punch press machines are also capable of creating metal formed components at very high speeds and with clean edges thus achieving very high productivity.
Design information can be fed into the machine with CAD software which can also work out the most efficient layout and processing of the sheet metal into the required components. Automated packages can result in super efficient production of large numbers of metal products to a very high standard.
The sheet metal CNC punching plant at KMF Precision Sheet Metals has three TruPunch 5000 machines; two combination punch laser cutting machines, the TruMatic 6000 Fiber and TruMatic 7000, and a very broad range of metal punching tools.
Stopa storage towers are also used to feed our CNC punching machines. Each tower is capable of storing 90 tonnes of raw sheet metal, ready to be processed by the Flexible Manufacturing Cell (FMC) system that gives us a 60% increase in efficiency over conventional sheet metal CNC punching machine systems.
CNC punching machines at KFM can handle an extremely broad range of metals, including CR4 (mild steel), zintec, galvanised steel, aluminium, stainless steel, copper, brass and pre-coated steel (Plastisol).
Advantages of CNC punching machines at KMF
- Material Thickness: metal punching from 0.5mm up to 8mm
- High Accuracy: CNC punching accuracy of 0.02mm.
- Punching Force: up to 220 kN means we can handle thick metals
- Extra Features: such as embossing / ribbing / part number stamping / forming / countersinking / thread forming
- High Speed: a stroke rate of 1600 punches-a -minute results in huge speed benefits
- Tool change under three seconds
- Sheet Master: Automated loading and unloading
- Grip Master: Removal of sheet skeletons
- Sort Master pallet: Part pick & sort blanks
- Tool Master: Tool magazine with 70 additional tool locations
- Productive thin-sheet-processing specialist
- 2700W laser power
- Punching acceleration rate up to 1200 hits/min
- Sheet size: 3000mm x 1500mm
- Up to 2700W laser power
- Scratch-free processing and mark-free clamps
- TruFlow CO2 laser for high-precision cutting results